Originally from Slovakia, I have been drawing all my life. Piles of paper, coloring books and big box of crayons is one of the strongest memories I have from my childhood. Only after my arrival to the United States my passion for all types of arts and crafts slowly found its way to freedom. I was mesmerized by my first visits to Michael's and Aaron's Brothers.
I have stumbled upon Watt's Atelier in Encinitas, and more importantly Studio 2nd Street in Encinitas CA, run by Ron Lemen and his wife Vanessa. I took their portrait and figure drawing classes and my crazy idea of becoming artist slowly started to materialize into an achievable reality.
In 2009 I fell in love with watercolor and with encouragement from my husband and friends; I signed up for watercolor painting classes at Mira Costa College in Oceanside CA with Diane Adams and at Palomar College in San Marcos CA with Doug Durrant. I am striving towards an AA degree in Illustration at Palomar College.
My work embraces both realistic and abstract paintings and drawings. Realistic pieces consist of everything that caught my eye and remained in my mind long after I took that photograph. Abstract pieces reflect life itself as it unfolds.
I truly enjoy life as it is with my husband and son and I continue being grateful for this exciting journey I took off on. Journey, that has already brought some rewards.
- Honorable mention in Watercolor category, Miracosta College, Annual Student Art Show 2012
- Work published in Bravura annual art magazine by Palomar College, 2012
- 1st place in Watercolor category, MiraCosta College, Annual Student Art Show 2013
- Honorable mention, Carlsbad Oceanside Art League, 2013
- 1st place in Watercolor category, Small Image Contest, 2013 Exhibition of Fine Arts, Del Mar CA